"Born not from our flesh, but born in our hearts, you were longed for and wanted and loved from the start"

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fingerprints and Freedom...

We had another appointment today.  This time it was at the immigration office.  We had to have our fingerprints taken for clearance for the adoption.  It was somewhat of a strange experience.  While the immigration worker took my fingerprints oh so carefully - one by one, I thought to myself, is this what it feels like when you get arrested and have to be fingerprinted?  Only, instead of being convicted or locked up, we were there to be cleared of any crimes or mishaps.

On the other side of the room, while we were confirming our freedom, there were about 10 people of other ethnicities, waiting and filling out paperwork in hopes to gain american citizenship and be free to live here in Grand Rapids.  It struck me of how I take my freedom for granted.  We are so blessed to be where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment